Applications of Environmental Biotechnology By Anila Rani Pullagura

November 27, 2015

The application of Biotechnology to solve the environmental problems in the environment and in the ecosystems is called Environmental Biotechnology. It is applied and it is used to study the natural environment.


CytomX Therapeutics

CytomX is an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company pioneering a novel class of investigational antibody therapeutics based on its Probody technology platform.


What is Genomic Medicine?

video | June 16, 2022

Our DNA contains 3 billion letters of code: our genome. Almost 99.8% is the same for everyone, but in the remaining 0.2% there are differences that can sometimes be harmful. With genomic medicine we can have our DNA analysed to look for these differences to inform and personalise our healthcare. Genomics England’s vision is to support the NHS to make genomic medicine available to every patient, whilst enabling researchers to improve our understanding of diseases....

Watch Now

Peptides From Phage Display Library Modulate Gene Expression In Mesenchymal Cells

video | June 8, 2022

Peptides from Phage Display Library Modulate Gene Expression in Mesenchymal Cells and Potentiate Osteogenesis in Unicortical Bone Defects - a 2 minute Preview of the Experimental Protocol Gary Balian, Gina Beck, Vedavathi Madhu, Robert Sikes, Quanjun Cui, Haixiang Liang, Joshua Bush University of Virginia, Orthopaedics Research; University of Delaware, Biological Sciences; University of Virginia, Orthopaedic Surgery; A phage display library was used to identify peptide sequences that target bone. The objective was to investigate the effect of these peptides on mesenchymal cell differentiation and to determine their effect on bone regeneration....

Watch Now

Would a society based on genetics be… good?

video | June 15, 2022

Eugenics is the practice of using "planned breeding" for "racial improvement." Because this idea is repulsive, the predominant response has been "genome blindness” — that is, avoiding any study or discussion of genetic differences between people. But according to geneticist Paige Harden, this is the wrong solution. Instead, we should identify genetic differences between people — including those that might affect social outcomes — so that we can help provide people with the resources they need to be successful....

Watch Now

mRNA Therapy for Fragile X Syndrome

video | June 2, 2022

Dr. Kathryn Whitehead, Associate Professor at Carnegie Mellon University, helped develop the revolutionary science behind the COVID-19 vaccines. With a 2 year $100,000 grant from FRAXA, her team will now adapt mRNA technology to deliver the missing Fragile X protein, to treat people who have Fragile X syndrome....

Watch Now